Collection of Personal Data
From time to time and for the purpose of carrying on any operation or business of OAF, you may be requested to supply data that may directly or indirectly identify you or other person(s) as an individual (“Personal Data”). The scope of Personal Data required from you may vary depending on the circumstances but in general may include, but is not limited to, the following:-
- Full name, gender, date and place of birth;
- Information for verification of identity or citizenship including identification type and identification number such as Hong Kong Identity Card or passport details, visa information, residence or work permit;
- Contact details such as office and/or home address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- Educational and professional background including references, past scholarships, awards, employment, community services or extra-curricular activities;
- Financial and billing information including expenses, financial statements, the identity of other funders and details of funding, identity and contact details of beneficiaries, employees or contractors, bank account information and details etc.;
- Your image and voice, including photographs, video or audio recordings; and
- Demographic information such as age, gender, nationality, marital status, preferences etc.
Supply of Personal Data to OAF is generally non-obligatory but failure to do so may result in OAF being unable to process your applications or to provide you with the relevant facilities or services.
Occasionally, you may need to provide Personal Data about other individuals to OAF (such as spouse or children, funders, beneficiaries, members, employees, suppliers or contractors). In that event, for compliance with the Ordinance, you are required to have first obtained the authorisation of such individuals before using, disclosing and transferring their Personal Data, including giving consent on their behalf to OAF’s possible use, disclosure and transfer of their Personal Data, for the purposes you would want to achieve from OAF. If necessary, OAF may require you to provide to OAF any supporting documents which may be necessary to prove such authorisation. You should also advise them that OAF can be contacted for further information.
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes or any directly-related purposes:-
- Collating statistical information relating to the applicants and/or participants, to assist OAF’s management and administration of their projects and/or programmes;
- Processing of applications in relation to the projects and/or programmes of OAF, including verifying your identity and assessing your suitability and verifying your eligibility for the same (regardless of whether you are a new applicant or an applicant who re-applies for such projects and/or programmes);
- Matching (as defined in the Ordinance) your Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes (by OAF or any third party), in relation to the processing, assessment, administration and/or management of OAF’s projects and/or programmes and/or the performance of any service or administration work in connection with OAF’s operations;
- Promoting projects and/or programmes of OAF, such as sending you newsletters, information or promotional materials regarding activities and events organised or sponsored by OAF;
- Facilitating and maintaining communication with the applicants and/or participants of OAF’s projects and/or programmes;
- Meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether compulsory or voluntary, of OAF, or in connection with:
- any law, regulation, judgment, court order, sanctions regime, within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) existing currently and in the future;
- any guidelines, guidance, demand or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities within or outside Hong Kong; or
- Prevention, detection or investigation of crime;
Occasionally, OAF may use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) to send you marketing or promotional communications containing news, offers and/or promotions about events, activities organised, sponsored or arranged OAF. However, OAF will first obtain your consent before doing so.
You can always opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional communications free of charge by contacting OAF.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data supplied to OAF will be kept confidential. However, OAF may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected, provide such Personal Data to the following parties:
- External personnel or organisations (including but not limited to educational or other institutions, associations or organisations, your referees, governmental authorities, assessment or examination boards and awarding bodies) for the purposes or a directly-related purpose for which the personal data was collected or where it is permitted under the Ordinance;
- Consultants, agents, contractors, suppliers and any third-party service provider of OAF which provide administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telecommunications, computer, financial, payment or other services to OAF in connection with their operations;
- Government and regulatory authorities, investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisers when requested by you to do so.
OAF may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties: (i) when required by law, by court order, or in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry; or (ii) pursuant to the OAF’s good faith belief that disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary to the establishment of legal claims or defences, to obtain legal advice, to exercise and defend OAF’s legal rights, or to protect the life, body or property of an individual. This also applies when OAF has reason to believe that disclosing the Personal Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with the OAF’s rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
The Personal Data that OAF collects or obtains may be transferred to jurisdictions that offer lesser protection of personal data than that provided in your jurisdiction. By submitting Personal Data to OAF, you understand and consent to such transfer.
Links to Third-Party Websites
By using OAF’s websites (“Websites”) and mobile apps, if any, you agree that OAF can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data and improve your online experience.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the website owners.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
Commitment to Data Security
OAF are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. A variety of physical, technological and organisational measures are used to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to Personal Data held by OAF about you and to correct such data. You may direct your request in writing to:
Osage Art Foundation
4/F, Union Hing Yip Factory Building
20 Hing Yip Street
This notice is written in English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.